This is my healthier, allergy friendly take on spiced beef wraps wraps. I love using iceberg lettuce leaves instead of bread wraps or flat breads. I also made a mint yoghurt for the other people eating.
500g of lean beef mince
1 onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
1/4 tsp chilli powder1/2 tin of tomatoes
1/2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp Bovril
1 Stock Pot
1 Stock Pot
1/2 tin lentils
Iceberg lettuce, leaves whole.
1/2 cucumber, diced
100ml natural yoghurt (if you can have dairy)
A sprig of mint
A squeeze of lemon
Salt and pepper
1. In a little oil sauté the lamb until browned and sealed, add the onion and continue to cook
2. Once the onions are golden add the garlic and spices and cook for a few minutes
3. Add the tomatoes, purée, Bovril, Stock Pot, lentils and seasoning and cook for about 30 minutes until the flavours have all melded together and the sauce has thickened
4. Whilst it cooks select the best, large iceberg leaves and make a mint yoghurt (I just had the mint as dairy is off the menu for me) mix the yoghurt with fine,y chopped mint, a squeeze of lemon and seasoning.
Too Tip: You can add a little crushed garlic if you wish but I find raw garlic a bit overpowering. A drizzle of garlic oil would be a good compromise.
5. Allow people to make their own wraps up. Adding a spoonful of the beef mixture and a few cubes of cucumber to a lettuce leave and top with a little mint yoghurt.