Friday 23 September 2011

Turkey Chilli

I have to admit turkey isn't my favourite but in this dish it really is quite good and obviously far healthier than a beef chilli.

I started by frying two diced onions in a little oil and a diced turkey breast, added one diced green pepper, 2 crushed cloves of garlic and about 8 diced mushrooms and continued to cook until they were starting to turn golden. I then added a finely chopped chilli, 1 tsp cumin power and seasoning and stirred well. After a few minutes I added a couple of tablespoons of tomato purée and a tin of tomatoes and then left it to bubble away for about 30 mins until it was quite thick.




I served it with corn on the cob





And made a quick guacamole (mashed an avocado with a little crushed garlic, chilli, lemon juice and seasoning), a tomato salsa (finely diced tomato with mint, a little crushed garlic and seasoning), a cucumber yoghurt (roughly diced cucumber in Greek yoghurt with mint and seasoning) and some Greek yoghurt.



A quick, healthy but tasty meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment